Love

Love

Thursday 30 October 2014

Last One (Challenge) for October

CSI 365 Special File No. S365 - 8

http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/forum/topics/case-file-no-s365-8-special-scrap365-case-file-closes-october-31-

This one was a real test for me, I wasn't too sure about the eclectic palette (to me - but that's probably because it has red in it!). But, once I got my head around it - and found the perfect paper - Fancy pants - Meology (this is such a funky range with a cute and quite nostalgic feel), I really enjoyed putting it all together.  Have I solved this case? Maybe my light blue is not teal enough - it looked different before!


This is my 50's Glam layout:
Featuring a glam shot of my mum, and some funny journaling and 'tips' from "How to Look After Your Husband", written, of course in the 50's. I remember when her and dad were going out to a cabaret, or dinner or dance... they always looked so glamorous and fine -
and a very nice looking couple!
 
Evidence:  I have used Chevrons, a cloud, craft background, flowers, textured paper (I dry embossed white cardstock with a chevron folder and I added Glossy Accents to some shapes on the patterned paper, and fussy cut them), layered elements,
semi circle buttons and misting.
Testimony:  Childhood memory (although this photo was taken before I was born), I remember my mum always did look glamorous when she went out, and I was so proud of how both my parents always scrubbed up! I journaled (sub titled) on a cloud, my tags are a numbered time line of events (to look after your husband when he arrives home), my tags (and journaling around the page border) would now be considered "quirky" to say the least!
 

 
I even got to use my new Deep Red Stamps - how cool are they -
 so many fun uses! Available at Scrap Matrix.
This ended up being really fun and I am happy with how it turned out!
 
Thanks for stopping by, cheers, Vicki
Love. Laugh. Scrap. Shop
 

No comments:

Post a Comment