Love

Love

Tuesday 11 November 2014


CSI November Challenge

Special Collaboration Case File No. CC-3

 
This challenge site really challenges your brain as well as your creativity. I love that the 'clues' - testimony and evidence - are quite prescriptive, but the fact that (besides the colour palette) you only have to choose a few of them to 'solve' the case, the possibilities and scope are huge!
 
Evidence I used:
bird accents, trees and leaves, paint, twigs, string, oval shapes, mixed media. 
Testimony I used:
Handwrite your story.
 
 
Here is a close up of my 'mixed media' background tree! This was defs the extra fun part, creating layers and dimension for the body of the tree. Glimmer Mist Sunflower Sparkle sprayed doily, lime green transparency, Collections Elements chipboard tree, twigs and leaves (painted with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starbursts), heart chipboard 'blooms', crystal stem branches, metal birdie trinkets, pearl 'eggs', and the little chipboard birdhouse, decorated with Prima pearls. And the cute little Studio Calico veneer birds!
 
I have never created a 'scene' in any layout before... but once I started getting inspired making my tree, it kind of just evolved into a scene, with Bree and Tweety standing in the shade of the doily tree!
 
I also used: Blue Fern Ombre Dreams paper, Scrap Matrix embellishments, Prima flowers and leaves, and brown twine.
 
CSI has released another case.... I am off to solve the case!
Cheers, thanks for popping in!
Vicki
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment