Love

Love

Friday 24 July 2015

25th July
 

CSI Case File # 171

 
Here is the link to follow for this very pretty case to solve
 
 

Here is my take on it...

 
 
Scheme: All colours accounted for
Evidence: Chevrons (texture paste), dots (stamped), artisan shape (cut with Big Shot - after I looked up what it was! something transparent (butterflies), texture paste (chevrons).
Testimony: I chose Topic - a celebration of a beautiful family connection and loving bond.
 
 
I have used 7 Dots paper as my background and some Heidi Swapp to help bring in some other colours for the palette. I texture pasted some chevrons and added colour with Liny's Stamp Gang sprays and splats. The Maya Road transparent butterflies, I coloured with Ranger alcohol inks, and used Prima flowers and Blue Fern Studios chipboard for the title words.

Here are some close ups...

 
These Prima flowers are quite high... but I just LOVE them!
 
 
I have journaled onto the page, but in lead pencil, to keep it soft and blend with the palette - not using black ink was very different for me!
 
 
When I was collecting the 'evidence' for this page, I was also in the process of collating other monthly challenges that I liked, and realized that one of them (Scrap Around The World) was very similar to the palette in this one... just needed to add mint!  So... I created a double layout and accomplished 2 challenges (kind of) in one. Unfortunately, I didn't get around to entering the SATW one!
 
But here is how my double turned out...
 
 
PS I love doubles!!!
 
These photos were taken on Christmas day about 8 years ago at Robbie and Jennie's house at West Lakes.  Such happy memories - especially watching these 3 girls together.  They are THE 3 Christensen grand daughters, ( daughters of Judith, David and Wendy).  There is almost 10 years difference in the age gaps... and the relationship that Bree and Molly have, is so very similar to that which Bree enjoyed with her older cousin Amy. Nice little 'circle of life'.
 
Another beautiful case CSI!!! Thank you.
Cheers, Vicki
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment