Love

Love

Friday 14 August 2015

7th August
 

CSI Case File #172

The major case file for the month!!!
You have the rest of the month to solve this one... here is the link...
 
Here is the file...  which I just loved, by the way!
The 'rules' are simple...
  • Use the colour palette
  • Choose at least 3 elements from the Evidence list
  • Use one Testimony prompt
  • And there is always a sketch to go with the main case - use it loosely if you like - does not have to be exact!!!
  • Make a cool page!
  • Upload it to the site, using the link tool (explained well on site)

 
 

 I had just printed off some images of my dad's shed, and the colours seemed pretty perfect... even if they didn't relate to the little 'travel' image.

And here is my layout

Tools of His Trades

 
Scheme: All colours accounted for.
Evidence: Wet medium (texture paste through a TCW tile stencil), string (tag and in cluster), mesh (as a base for all the elements and images), metal (cogs and other 'shed' props), watch parts (chipboard clock).
Testimony: Weeelll.... While it is not exactly Direction in the travel sense.... these tools and his shed, became a 'new direction' for dad once he retired.  He tried the whole resting, bowling and watching lots of Foxtel... but became bored (much to his confusion!!!).  He started becoming involved with the crafts that mum and I were doing. He made all of our MDF items (trays, bins etc for folk art painting)... then started learning how to make frames and matting, and did all of our framing, making the hobby so much cheaper for us all... his rates were vastly different from a 'framer'!!!!  He was kept very busy!

Here are some close ups....

 
I used some Tim Holtz letter stickers - they were perfect!
And I made some resin molds for the little tools, and coloured them gray with Distress paint.
I kept some of the cogs natural to blend with the colour scheme. Others I distressed with Aged Mahogany and added glossy Accents.
 
 
I found the Authentique Durable range suited the colour scheme, and my theme really well, as well as adding a 7 Dots Cold Country piece at the bottom (following the sketch), and adding in the gray.
 
 
I used Scrap Matrix chipboard words and coloured them with a bit of a mix of Primary Elements to match the colour. And coated with Glossy Accents again. 
 
 
I really loved this case, and loved doing a grungy masculine layout.
Thanks for popping by and thanks to CSI for another cool case to solve!
 
Some of the items used I grabbed from my stash...
others I 'grabbed' from Scrap Matrix!!! lol
 
Cheers, Vicki
Love. Laugh. Scrap. Shop.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment