Love

Love

Friday 5 August 2016

5th August

CSI Case File #208

http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/


The file is beautiful, and I happened to have the perfect images...



I love it when I get a case file, and know exactly what I want to do... then just have to make it work!
I tend to be a tad 'literal' and the map of England immediately made me think of my daughter, who is currently living in London!


Here is my take - sorry these look a bit dark - the background is actually a bight white!!!  Dark winter days...

Madly in Love



Bree came back home (to Austrlia) for a 3 week visit in February and gave me the best gift ever!!! She had collected a small box of travel memorabilia from her time away - and even better - a usb full of photos!  
I had tickets, brochures, postcards... she knows me well!
I am taking that to mean she wants me to scrapbook her memories, and she can add the journaling whenever she likes!  

Here are a couple of close ups... you can see the texture paste here better... I used a TCW map stencil.  


 I have used a couple of 13 Arts papers... they are so beautiful, the words that I have cut out are cut from a piece from the Mental Vacation range, and the peach pink with the hearts (in the background) is from the Starlight collection. I am blessed to stock these in my little shop...



Scheme: All colours used.
Evidence: Chevrons (on one wooden polaroid frame),  Map Print (the stencil along the bottom),  The clouds and the architectural elements are in the photos! (does that count??), Travel Accents (all the memorabilia and the stamps around the top of the pages), Other animal (butterflies, cut from the 13 Arts papers), Filmstrip (small wooden embellishments from Scrap Matrix!)
Testimony: My journaling is about this lovely gift from Bree, which is perfect on many levels for me... the list includes: something lovely to scrap, keeping me up to date with her travels, beautiful photos, a way to keep and store her memorabilia, the fact that her giving me this (probably) means she would like me to scrap with them! Which is a lovely compliment to how she looks at my beautiful hobby... way of life. lol.  I have written this on the back and included a postcard where Bree can record her own memories.


Well, this case was perfect for me and I think I solved it!!

Thanks for looking!
Cheers, Vicki

Love. Laugh. Scrap. Shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment